Job Type: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Secondary School Graduation Certificate
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Residential and Commercial Installers and Services (7441)
NOC Job Title: Kitchen Cabinet Installer
Area of Specialization: Kitchen cabinets and vanities
Major Work Area: Installation
Job Location(s): North Vancouver
Established in 2009, Cornerstone Kitchens & Design Ltd. is proud to offer its very own cabinet line, custom made locally on the North Shore. It is a growing business that is focusing on creating the right team while maintaining a high standard of customer service and quality workmanship. Currently, Cornerstone Kitchen & Design Ltd. is looking for an experienced Cabinet Installer, with minimum 5 years of cabinet installation experience, to work at commercial and residential job sites. This position will be a mix of cabinet removals, installation and modification of mostly kitchen and bathroom cabinets. The candidate will be expected to foster good working relationships at all levels of the company and meet the company standards for attendance and punctuality. Working closely with others on the site, the candidate will be required to share knowledge and help improve the team. The business will provide a structured Development Pipeline to further candidate’s career in other areas of expertise. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to continue or advance his/her career in this growing industry.
- Inspect and assemble materials and articles to specified standards.
- Read and understand blueprints or work order specifications, whether written, illustrated or oral, to determine layout and installation procedures.
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components.
- Install, repair and service prefabricated cabinetry, cupboards, and vanities using hand and power tools.
- Measure and mark guidelines to be used for installations.
- Ensure that the work is completed to the standard set by the customer, project manager or contractor.
- Load and unload trucks with supplies and equipment.
- Practice good housekeeping at all times to ensure a safe and non-cluttered worksite.
- Inform customers about the functionality, care and upkeep of their new installations.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements.
- Ensure attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information.
- Proactively communicate job site conditions and concerns that may or are affecting completion of the job to the appropriate person.
- Follow safety policies and procedures to support a safe working environment, including safe operation of machines and equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate.
- 5 years of experience in cabinet installation.
- Ability to work under time constraints to meet specific deadlines.
- Ability to read blueprints, maps, specifications and drawings.
- Ability to utilize hand and power tools.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Personal Skills and Qualities
Attention to Details, Attention to Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Reliability, Punctuality, Accuracy, Organization
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Dexterity, Physical Fitness, Stamina, Weigh Handling including Frequent lifting from 5-40 lbs, unassisted (from 35-65% of the time) and Occasional lifting from 41 lbs +, assisted (up to 50% of the time), Access and mobility in tight spaces, Working at Heights – over 5 feet, Sustained periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, and kneeling.
How to Apply
Please send your full resume and cover letter via email to kitchendesigncornerstone[at]gmail.com attention to Arlie Jonathan.